Some don't believe in them. Others just don't have the time. And then, there are those that won't live without them -- vision boards. Whichever side of the line you stand on, the facts are, they work.
Hey Moms, I hope this new year is starting off well for you. And if today, you are having a rough day, remember to breathe and give yourself all the love and grace you need. All you need to do is take it one day at a time, one breath at a time. And, remember you ARE already winning. Just by being. Let that sink in.
Now, more on these vision boards. The truth is the brain doesn't know the difference between real or fake. What I mean is, things actually happen twice - first in your mind, then in real life. That means, the brain is powerfully wired to accept what it sees (or hears via self talk), for better or for worse.
Athletes have been using this visualization hack for years. Actually, that's how I got introduced to this back when I played competitive tennis. At 11, I had my first visualization book and the seed was planted. Now, there is so much more data to prove this magic - visualization prepares the body for wants to come by thinking about it first. And the more you do it, the stronger this habit becomes and works.
Vision boards assist in this work, especially if you are a visual person and need actual pictures to assist with the limitless vision in your mind. In simple form, a vision board is a photo collage of your life. I like to create sections, or pages, for each life category: career/business/purpose, love/relationships/family, mind + body, spirit, finances. You can pick which what categories fit you best just think about your life holistically.
Below are the top 5 benefits to put your vision board together soon:
1. Intentional living: Life comes at us fast. Especially now with all of the information at us constantly. With a vision board, you are defining what's most important for you. These are your intentions for your future and now you can operate accordingly. Less wasting your energy on things that don't align with your vision. More focused and proper use of your time.
2. Clarity: Second in line after setting intentions, another benefit is the clarity it can bring to your daily life and decision making. The truth is, you can now have a better sense of what you should be saying yes and no to everyday. If it's not aligned to your vision, it shouldn't have your time.
3. Emotional Connection: Your vision board should be exciting and motivating. Think of your unlimited self. And due to that excitement for future, you can be motivated and can look back on your board when times get tough (because they will) and you need encouragement. The vision helps to pull you past your obstacles.
4. Increases chances of success: The magic is that visualization impacts cognitive processes in the brain. This can enhance motivation, increased confidence, improve motor function, reduce tension and anxiety, and boost psychological readiness. All the things you need to achieve your goals. Boom.
5. Helps you change your brain, thoughts, and life: Studies have shown that our thoughts actually create our feelings and thus our life experiences. The next time you aren't feeling well, assess what you've been thinking about and I bet you can find a thought associated with your feeling. The great thing is that our thoughts can be changed. Look at your vision board and start replacing unsupportive thoughts in your mind with an "I AM" affirmations and know you will succeed. A vision board can support your new self talk into believing you can achieve all the abundance of this world.
Do you need any more convincing? Knock-knock! It's your future self knocking at the door, wanting to be let in. Make the time and intention today (or soon) to bless your future with focused and free creative time on what your best life looks, feels and is like.
Fun fact: you can do your vision board digitally these days. In my workshops, I have facilitated creation with Canva, Pinterest, Google Slides etc.
Lastly, if you have a crew of friends, colleagues, or family members that could benefit from this sort of thing, please book a private workshop today. I'd love to meet your closest folks and build a dream life together.
Let's Win ❤️👑